Wednesday 1 August 2012

What the Dickens? Magazine


Just a quick post to clue you into a great online magazine called What the Dickens? It started up in 2011, and is ostensibly a literary/writers magazine, but is really more about creativity in general - writing, art, theatre, film, and so on. At the moment it's only available online for free (or on Kindle for 99p), but the editors are working very hard to get something on tangible paper by the end of the year.

I was contacted by Editor/creator/writer Victoria Bantock a few weeks ago about writing a literature/film based article for the 5th issue, which is out today and is titled 'The Sunflower Edition'. It's packed full of great stuff (including an interview with Miriam Margolyse) and you can have a read through it for free here (I'm on page 87 with a piece about The Hunger Games).

What the Dickens? Magazine also welcomes submissions, so if you'd like to get involved take a look at the Submissions Page.

In other news, I went to see The Dark Knight Rises yesterday - but I'm not going to give away what I thought of it just yet, as when I get a spare hour I'm planning to review it, right here on KINOLENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment