Sunday 8 April 2012

10 Life Lessons from The Princess Bride

Princesses, farm boys, pirates, torture, swordfighting, the fire swamp, rodents of unusual size, and Grandpa - there must be some important words of wisdom in there somewhere. Here are ten life lessons you can learn from watching the Princess Bride.


1. Try to keep old traditions alive.

"When I was your age, television was called books."


2. Don't be afraid to correct your boss.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."


3. Names mean everything.

"No-one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley."



4. Always have something to fall back on.

"I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."


5. Always make the best of things.

"It's not that bad. Well  I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."


6. Always give fair warning.

"Goodnight Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."




7. It's OK to skip over the boring bits.

"They're kissing again. Do we have to read the kissing parts?"


8. Learn to accept the harsh truth.

"Life is pain highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."


9. Always have an answer for everything.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."


10. Sometimes, when people say one thing, they actually mean another.

"As you wish."


No comments:

Post a Comment